[erlang-questions] Help with storing data in memory

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Thu Mar 25 23:40:59 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:10 AM, Bob Ippolito <bob@REDACTED> wrote:
> You might need to tune the frequency of garbage collection or make
> manual calls to erlang:garbage_collect(). You should also make sure
> you are using the latest Erlang VM, the garbage collection strategy
> for binaries has been significantly improved in recent versions.

R13B4. There is one question:

  g({e,f, A}).

Will the A element be copied twice or compiler is smart enought to
keep it untouched?
I.e. when I set element number 405450 in array, is the whole array
recreated or maybe just small part of it?