[erlang-questions] two epmds running

Richard Andrews bflatmaj7th@REDACTED
Wed Mar 17 11:11:54 CET 2010

I've seen it too and I think it goes like this:

Only seems to happen on SMP machines which have a lot of grunt
Two erlang nodes start and require epmd
Both start epmd
Two epmd instances start and check for a valid epmd (find none)
One of the epmd instance is able to bind and listen on the epmd port
The other fails but believes that it must be able to claim the port.
Doesn't seem to check for another program now listening on the port
and goes around a bust loop trying to bind+listen.