Node uptime

Mazen Harake mazen.harake@REDACTED
Tue Mar 16 13:52:27 CET 2010

Hi,

I have a quick question. What is the easiest way to get the uptime of a
Node (basically the "runtime" of the VM") *without* having to start
something myself on startup I.e. it should be a generic solution which
can run when I simply start a shell in Windows.

Processing logs etc is not a very good idea since they wrap and as
mentioned, the need to start something myself is a bad idea.

I noticed while poking around in the C code that the ERTS does keep time
of when processes start (p->started.tv_sec). Would it be possible to add
the functionality of getting this value through e.g.
erlang:system_info(runtime) or similar in a future version of Erlang?

Meanwhile... is there another way of doing it?

Cheers.

/Mazen

WE'VE CHANGED NAMES!

www.erlang-solutions.com