[erlang-questions] How to deal with Mnesia core files

Brian Acton acton@REDACTED
Tue Mar 2 07:07:20 CET 2010

Thanks guys. The mention of mnesia_lib:vcore/1 was a good one that I had not
yet found.

Overall, my expectation would be that I would not have to govern mnesia for
load (as Paul M recommends in his prior post to this thread). The reason is
that the range of activity in some applications can be quite dynamic and it
would be hard to identify one key characteristic that would cause mnesia to
tip over. Instead, my expectation would be that mnesia would return service
failures akin to the EBUSY / EAGAIN errno of unix kernels, thus allowing
applications to decide on what to do.

For completeness sake, I've included the top part of the output from
mnesia_lib:vcore/1 in case anyone is curious.

--b

***** Mnesia core: "MnesiaCore.node@REDACTED"

*****
***** crashinfo *****
mnesia_recover crashed: {system_limit,
                            [{ets,new,
                                 [mnesia_transient_decision,
                                  [{keypos,2},set,public]]},
                             {mnesia_recover,create_transient_decision,0},
                             {mnesia_recover,do_allow_garb,0},
                             {mnesia_recover,handle_cast,2},
                             {gen_server,handle_msg,5},
                             {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]} state: {state,

<6403.61.0>,

undefined,

undefined,

undefined,

7262,true,
                                                                    []}
***** time *****
{{2010,3,1},{0,54,54}}
***** self *****
[{registered_name,mnesia_recover},
 {current_function,{mnesia_lib,mkcore,1}},
 {initial_call,{proc_lib,init_p,5}},
 {status,running},
 {message_queue_len,0},
 {messages,[]},
 {links,[<6403.95.0>,<6403.61.0>]},
 {dictionary,[{'$ancestors',[mnesia_kernel_sup,mnesia_sup,<6403.58.0>]},
              {'$initial_call',{mnesia_recover,init,1}}]},
 {trap_exit,true},
 {error_handler,error_handler},
 {priority,normal},
 {group_leader,<6403.57.0>},
 {total_heap_size,2675793},
 {heap_size,2629425},
 {stack_size,39},
 {reductions,247240},
 {garbage_collection,[{min_bin_vheap_size,46368},
                      {min_heap_size,233},
                      {fullsweep_after,65535},
                      {minor_gcs,4}]},
 {suspending,[]}]