reverse engineering beam files / obfuscation ?

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sat Feb 13 02:25:36 CET 2010

Hi Kay,

Just offering the thought that an effective obfuscation would be one
where the effort required to decode it would be about equal to, or
greater than, the effort required to write the code from scratch.

Beam isn't easy if, as Chandru pointed out, you remove debug_info from
the compile. Your code would be, I believe, considerably "safer" in
Erlang than other bytecode-interpreted languages such as Java/C#.

However, a long discussion about the value of open source could follow
the above comments... but I digress.

Regards,
/s