[erlang-questions] Stand alone erlang deployment

Håkan Mattsson hawk.mattsson@REDACTED
Fri Nov 6 11:59:07 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Jose Castro <idiay_tuanis@REDACTED> wrote:

> ideally the install should copy a file/directory in the machine,
> create an icon for clicking, and be up and running WITHOUT install.

Besides the icon stuff, you can do this with Reltool.

> Stand Alone Erlang is old, and reltool creates a minimal install, but
> an install just the same. Am I correct in this? I know there has to be
> a way, but for the company it's desireable for it to be simple.

When you generate a target system with Reltool it will by default not
need any installation script to be run. You can just copy the files to
the new location and start the VM.

If someone by some obscure reason wants to have the old behavior
(with a mandatory installation script) it can still be achieved by setting
the Reltool parameter relocatable to false when the target system is
generated.

/Håkan
---
Håkan Mattsson (uabhams)