[erlang-questions] got an industrial strength version of mingw capable of building gtknode and glade?

Steve Kirsch steve.kirsch@REDACTED
Tue May 5 02:49:25 CEST 2009

 no, because GTK+ told me to stay away from Cygwin and that was one of the packages required.

________________________________

From: Davide Marquês [mailto:nesrait@REDACTED]
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 1:49 AM
To: mats cronqvist
Cc: Steve Kirsch; Erlang Questions
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] got an industrial strength version of mingw capable of building gtknode and glade?

Hi Steve,

> Has ANYONE out there been able to build gtknode and glade on MS-Windows
> using Mingw/Msys?
Have you tried using Cygwin with MinGW?
Currently cygwin's gcc supports a -mno-cygwin flag that will make it use mingw headers and enable it to create windows native executables.
And while it seems that support for this "mingw mode" is to be terminated, for now it's working. ;)
In alternative, you can just setup your PATH so that MinGW's binaries are used instead of cygwin's ones. (I used this method to build erl_interface with MinGW and it didn't complain [much]).