[erlang-questions] Peername of a closed TCP socket

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Wed Jun 3 15:37:25 CEST 2009

Sad to hear that it did not work. So I checked the code.
The peername is already stored away in a field called inet.remote  in
the driver.
The call to get the peername do not use that field, instead it calls
getpeername
which of course will fail in your case.

A simple fix (tm) will be to change the inet_drv to return the
inet.remote when possible
instead of calling getpeername. There is some code to set fake
peernames (used
by old socks/proxy implemenation) that needs to be handled, otherwise
I do not see any problems.

OTP?

/Tony