[erlang-questions] Peername of a closed TCP socket

Dowse, Malcolm malcolm@REDACTED
Wed Jun 3 13:19:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it didn't help. After some more
investigation I managed to reproduce the issue. The client was closing
its connection immediately after opening with the SO_LINGER option
enabled, and a timeout of 0 seconds. This resulted in a RST with no FIN.
So, even if I called peername immediately after accept, with option
{exit_on_close, false} set, it always returned enotconn.

However, when I wrote a server in C I had no problem getting the remote
address. The 'accept' C call returns a socket address along with the new
file descriptor. This is also the interface given by the 'accept' call
in python's socket module.

Would it be possible to get a similar accept interface in Erlang, in the
future?

best regards,

malcolm