[erlang-questions] Peername of a closed TCP socket

Cameron Kerr ckerr@REDACTED
Wed Jun 3 20:08:13 CEST 2009

In your C server, what happens if you put a sleep(1) between the
accept(socket, NULL, ...) and the getpeername()?

I'm [still a relative Erlang newbie, but an experienced socket
programmer] thinking it's basically a race condition. What you really
want in this case is the form of accept(2) that gives you the
peername. That way this case cannot occur. Unfortunately, there is no
suitable inet:accept variant that gives you this information, as far
as I can tell. (Would love to be corrected about that).