[erlang-questions] Re: Adoption of perl/javascript-style regexp syntax

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Tue Jun 2 21:45:18 CEST 2009

2009/6/2 Bengt Kleberg <bengt.kleberg@REDACTED>

> Greetings,
>
> If the only problem solved with "raw strings" is regular expressions I
> would not recommend it. Instead I would suggest moving away from strings
> for regular expressions. For an example see SCSH
> (http://www.scsh.net/mail-archive/scsh-users/2003-01/msg00048.html).

This is way cool and definitely the way to go if you want readable regexps.
Unfortunately it wouldn't look quite as good in erlang as it does in lisp
without some form of syntactic support. But it is definitely the way to go.

Robert