[erlang-questions] I Hate Unit Testing...

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed Jan 28 15:26:36 CET 2009

Hi,

Sorry if I'm just being obtuse...

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 15:12, Steve Davis
<steven.charles.davis@REDACTED> wrote:
> OTOH, I *may* be bothered to add to a text file:
> hex(4) = "4"
>
> But from experience, I know that I'll just not bother to write:
> -module(test_myapp).
> -include_lib("eunit/include/eunit.hrl").
>
> my_test() ->
>     "4" = hex(4),

In the simplest case that Richard described, the top three rows are
only to be written once. Many environments (maybe only vi doesn't?)
may be taught to enter that at the press of a key combination. The
actual data will be almost the same, only one extra comma...

The only difference is for the examples you don't mention above, for example
    hex(5) =/= "6"
vs
    true = (hex(5) =/= "6")

Is that so big a difference?