[erlang-questions] How to solve the issue with Configuration files?

t ty tty.erlang@REDACTED
Mon Jan 12 04:50:32 CET 2009

As a general rule I dislike env variables. They get forgotten,
mis-configured, isn't inherited in a child process (typically in cron,
sometime screen), abused ....

IMHO Option 1 is cleaner and saner. Explicit copying is just something
your install script does as part of the upgrade.