[erlang-questions] The Beauty of Erlang Syntax

David Cabana drcabana@REDACTED
Tue Feb 24 17:38:44 CET 2009

Christian wrote:

> I used to think that I liked erlang programming just because it was
> quite academic, and that this was just a personal preference.

I'm curious what you mean by saying that Erlang is "academic".  If you
were talking about Haskell (for instance) I could go understand.  But
Erlang was built by people working in industry, with the goal of
supporting the development of commercial products.  It doesn't get
much more pragmatic than that. In what sense is Erlang academic?

drc