[erlang-questions] The Beauty of Erlang Syntax

Philip Fennell Philip.Fennell@REDACTED
Tue Feb 24 15:40:57 CET 2009

Steve,

I whole heartedly agree with you.

For myself I've never really enjoyed Java and for most of my programming
career I've been up to my neck in XSLT so the transition into Erlang was
less of a jump and more of a side-step.

> Erlang is an intensely practical language

Yep, you're right on the money there. IMHO, I find Java, for example,
actually throws obstacles in your way all the time but Erlang, by
contrast, just seems to have the tools for the job and an elegant way of
expressing them.

I have been pottering around with Erlang for the last six months and
have been more than happy with it.

Thank you for putting into good words what's been in the back of my mind
for a while now.

Regards

Philip Fennell