[erlang-questions] max fds for epoll incorrectly reduced to FD_SETSIZE

Bjorn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Mon Feb 23 08:58:13 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Steve Vinoski <vinoski@REDACTED> wrote:
> Since kernel poll is not on by default, select() is used as the
> fallback/default, and the following code from the erts_poll_init()
> function in erts/emulator/sys/common/erl_poll.c limits the max fds to
> FD_SETSIZE:

Are you sure that select() is used as a fallback on Linux? On systems that have
a poll() that works for any type of file descriptor, poll() is supposed to be
used. (On Mac OS X, poll() does not work for devices, so we are forced to use
select() as a fallback.)

/Bjorn