[erlang-questions] writing a delay loop without now()

James Hague james.hague@REDACTED
Fri Feb 20 22:30:30 CET 2009

> I can't follow that conclusion at all - if you don't know how long a
> call takes even on average, I can't see how you can deduce it from an
> assumption that the cause of the problems with your loop logic is
> microsecond-bumping in now/0 - sounds like circular reasoning to me.

I've verified on two very different machines (different CPUs,
different operating systems), that my timing loop based on now() is
running faster than wall clock time, even though it's reporting the
correct internal elapsed time.  That's all I know for sure.