[erlang-questions] beam process dies with SIGBUS

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Tue Feb 17 12:32:45 CET 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:59, Richard Andrews <bbmaj7@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any experience of runtimes dying with code 135,
>> meaning by signal 7 (SIGBUS) (i.e. Bus error (bad memory access)) on
>> Linux?
>
> Have you tried building OTP for i386?
>
> IIRC x86_32 has no alignment restrictions meaning SIGBUS should not ever be generated on the architecture. But I read somewhere recently that SSE2 instructions and x86_64 do have alignment restrictions, hence the i386 suggestion above.

Unfortunately I can't easily rebuild. This happens in a restricted
environment where I don't have too much freedom.

BTW the Erlang version is R12B-4.

> Could something be sending SIGBUS to beam?

Not that I know of.

> Are you mixing 64-bit and 32-bit components?

That's a good question too. I will check.

Thanks!
regards,
Vlad