[erlang-questions] Is erlang a web language?

Yang Zhang getyourcontacts@REDACTED
Sun Feb 15 18:39:11 CET 2009

Just see a small question become a long long discussion. It has taken me 30+
minutes to check all posts above.

As most people talked here, I saw the point is the erlang distributors or
communities don't have central repository or proper library management.
That lead to DIVERSITIES(*diversities*). Many people implement what they
need, what they want and what they think to be useful,helpful and correct.
But I am wondering who can say fee's "urlencode" is better than Jan's
"urlencode", and who can promise Tim's implementation of "urlencode" is
correct? (Sorry. No mean to offend, just take name for example.)

If .NET/PHP/Python(I am not using Ruby or perl) don't provide their
urlencode or many common functions and leave them to people to implement
themselves, do you think they will become so popular? Be easy! Be simple!

.NET/Python drived me leave C/C++ because they are simple and with easy use
builtin libraries. And erlang's distribute feature drive me to writ
distribute server/application from .NET.  When I was talking about the
distribute feature of erlang, it is so powerful, wonderful with .NET guys,
they were suggesting me to read some .NET books to learn MS's API, they said
.NET has builtin support to spawn process on another machine although they
know .NET don't have a mnesia. Then they concluded .NET is the best language
on windows platform. At least comparing to erlang, .NET is easier and more
stable(with excepted memory crash).
Erlang vm's crash was one thing someone was laughing at(If you check my
another mail).

Anyway, *diversities *is the bad thing here, for common/fundermental
functions, I really appreciate we can have an *offical *release so onbody
can write his own copy(saving time and be stable).

Sorry to extend this long discussion again.
Regards.
Scott