[erlang-questions] Undefined function call kills linked-in driver.

Paul Fisher pfisher@REDACTED
Fri Feb 13 19:46:16 CET 2009

Sten Gruener wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> we are developing a linked-in driver. Unfortunately calling *any*
> undefined function causes the linked driver to die. Is it an Erlang bug?
> Are there any workouts?

I'm guess at what is going on for you here, but this is probably what is
happening...

If the port owning process terminates (for example with a undef as
suggest,) the port instance will be closed.  If you want the port
instance to remain available then you would need to have it owned by
another process, and use driver_send_term() to send replies to non-owner
  processes making requests.

--
paul