[erlang-questions] emerl_scan:file/1

prasantha kumara jlprasantha@REDACTED
Thu Feb 12 11:41:26 CET 2009

Hi all,
I tried write an erlang programe to read a xml file. i wrote a xml file and
the dtd file.
When i tried to compile the
{ParsResult,Misc}=xmerl_scan:file("motorcycles.xml").
in erl prompt. it gives following errors.
** exception error: no case clause matching {error,enoent}
     in function  xmerl_scan:fetch_DTD/2
     in call from xmerl_scan:scan_doctype2/3
     in call from xmerl_scan:scan_prolog/3
     in call from xmerl_scan:scan_document/2
     in call from xmerl_scan:file/2

Can anybody tell me the reason of that exception?
thanks
prasantha