[erlang-questions] yaws wont start ssl error.

Elias Torres elias@REDACTED
Sat Feb 7 03:45:34 CET 2009

I did this recently (manual install on Ubuntu) and just './configure
--disable-hipe' did the trick.

It might be the case that you don't have the SSL dev libraries, if not
you should install those.

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

Then try configure again. Except beware that you must either unpack
the source fresh again or run "gmake clean", if not it won't compile
even with the right settings.

Last resource, would be to point to the exact location of your ssl
libraries like this:

./configure --with-ssl-includes=/usr/include/openssl
--with-ssl-libraries=/usr/lib

Then to test simply type:

erl -s ssl

-Elias