[erlang-questions] Message passing via shared memory

Andras Georgy Bekes bekesa@REDACTED
Wed Feb 4 14:09:18 CET 2009

> I'm pretty interested in this method, because while memory copying is
> OK for MPP or clustered environments, its is much slower than memory
> sharing on SMP environments if you are deailing with certain amount
> of data.
Memory sharing is faster only if the number of processors (cores) is
small. As the number of cores increases, the environment is getting
similar to a cluster.

On the long term, going into a shared memory direction is a bad idea I
think.

	Georgy