[erlang-questions] Compiling functions returning large ground tuples

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Feb 4 00:27:02 CET 2009

On 3 Feb 2009, at 8:35 pm, Bjorn Gustavsson wrote:
> I am not exactly sure what you mean with "ground term".

What I mean by "ground term" should be fairly obvious:
any constant (atom, number, binary, []) is a ground term,
any pair of ground terms is a ground term,
and any tuple of ground terms is a ground term.

> In R12B, constant terms (for instance, {a,b,c,[e,f,g]} or
> will be stored in a constant pool and not reconstructed every time.
> That includes binaries. (The same mechanism is used for both
> BEAM code and native code.)

Thanks.  I've forwarded this to the Mercury mailing list.
Maybe the Mercury->Erlang back end will be revivified.