[erlang-questions] troubleshooting systools:make_tar

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Wed Aug 19 17:05:43 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Joel Reymont <joelr1@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Robert Raschke wrote:
>
>  But saying that, what does your start_janus.rel file actually look like?
>> Are
>> you using the recommended directory structures, i.e., module dirs with
>> ebin,
>> src, etc. subdirs?
>>

> cat ebin/start_janus.rel
> {release, {"Janus","0.0.5"}, {erts, "5.7.2"},
>  [{kernel,"2.13.2"},
>  {stdlib,"1.16.2"},
>  {sasl, "2.1.6"},
>  {inets, "5.1"},
>  {erlsom, "1.2.1"},
>  {janus,"0.0.5"}
>  ]}.
>
> I have ebin but I also have a couple of "apps" that live in their separate
> directories and are not proper OTP applications. I compile them such that
> beams go into my ebin but their source is not found during the making of the
> boot file. I thought I could disregard the warnings as they don't seem to
> affect anything.

Hmm, when I build a tar file using just the rel filename, then I get tons of
warnings about the sources not getting found. But it does build the tar file
for me (this is on R12B5).

Have you tried supplying some options, like [{path, ["*/ebin"]}] ? Maybe
that'll highlight something?

Just a shot in the dark, I'm afraid. It looks to me as if some of the file
paths may not be what the systools expect. This could be either your own, or
even some of the installation ones.

Robby