[erlang-questions] Getting reltool to work

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Tue Aug 18 11:07:42 CEST 2009

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Torben Hoffmann wrote:

> I have a set of OTP applications that I would like to turn into a real,
> deployable release with minimum pain (as usual).
>
> Hence, I looked at reltool and tried to give it a spin, but when I try to
> point my root_dir to where I have all my applications I get complaints about
> the lack of a lib directory.
>
> This is 100% true - I do not have such a dir, not even in the directories
> for the individual applications (which all follow OTP directory structure).
>
> There seems to be some sort or requirements on my directory structure that I
> cannot read out of the reltool documentation - could someone please give me
> a hint on how to proceed?

The 'root_dir' must refer to the root directory of an installed Erlang
system. If you have additional applications that do not reside under
under its lib directory, you can either user the ERL_LIBS environment
variable (see the man page for code) to refer to additional "lib"
directories. Or you can use the configuration parameter 'lib_dirs' in
reltool to obtain the same result. A lib direcory is expected to
contain application top directories.

Unfortunately the target generation part of reltool does not work so
well in the current release.It will be greatly improved in R13B02.
Contact me privately if you are interested in using it earlier than
that.

/Håkan
---
Håkan Mattsson (uabhams)