[erlang-questions] eunit and test timeouts

Joseph Wecker jwecker@REDACTED
Wed Oct 22 00:40:41 CEST 2008

Joel Reymont wrote:
> I'm using eunit from the erlang prompt by invoking a module's test
> function. My issue is that tests run fine when invoked one by one but
> some randomly timeout when ran as a batch.
>
> Is there a way to increase the default timeout used by eunit when
> concurrently running all tests in a module (mod:test())?
>
> 	Thanks, Joel
>
> --
> wagerlabs.com

I had the same problem at one point- did something like this (obviously
ignore the app specifics):

load_test_() -> {inparallel,
    fetch_tests()}.

fetch_tests() -> [
    {"Plain fetch", {timeout, 100,
        ?_assertMatch(?FS_DATA, fetch_server:bfetch(?PLAIN_URL))}},
    {"Plain fetch with Priority", {timeout, 100,
        ?_assertMatch(?FS_DATA, fetch_server:bfetch(?PLAIN_URL,"a00"))}},
    ].

- Joseph