[erlang-questions] Why isn't erlang strongly typed?

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Tue Oct 21 17:34:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

In the documentation regarding the API's the type information should
be and is present and your statement regarding  "OFTEN ERRATIC"
surprises me at least for the Erlang/OTP distribution.

If you find errors in the Erlang/OTP documentation please report them
to the erlang-bugs mailing list.

Note, that the documentation covers the supported API's which we
intend to keep backwards compatible.
It is usually not an error in the documentation that you may find
modules and exported functions that are not documented.

/Regards Kenneth Erlang/OTP team , Ericsson