[erlang-questions] What's the status of erl_com, the Erlang-to-COM bridge?

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Wed Oct 15 11:31:28 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:52 AM, David Mitchell <monch1962@REDACTED> wrote:
> Thanks Jakob and Kenneth for your responses.
>
> I need to hook Erlang to a variety of external applications (MQ, Tibco
> Rendezvous, Oracle), none of which have "native" Erlang interfaces but
> all have COM interfaces available.  Comet looked like a good fit
> (assuming I ran Erlang on a Windows box), but based on your comments
> I'll look elsewhere.  That probably means building a C port for MQ and
> Tibco, and I may be able to get away with using ODBC for Oracle.
>
> If you need any votes of support to revive COMET within Ericsson,
> please let me know ;->

If you don't want to use something like C#, then I can recommend Lua
together with LuaCOM for interfacing to COM. I would guess that it's
not very hard to wrap a COM interface with this and expose it to
Erlang through a port. Still, a little bit of work would be required.

Robby