[erlang-questions] What's the status of erl_com, the Erlang-to-COM bridge?

David Mitchell monch1962@REDACTED
Wed Oct 15 06:52:24 CEST 2008

Thanks Jakob and Kenneth for your responses.

I need to hook Erlang to a variety of external applications (MQ, Tibco
Rendezvous, Oracle), none of which have "native" Erlang interfaces but
all have COM interfaces available.  Comet looked like a good fit
(assuming I ran Erlang on a Windows box), but based on your comments
I'll look elsewhere.  That probably means building a C port for MQ and
Tibco, and I may be able to get away with using ODBC for Oracle.

If you need any votes of support to revive COMET within Ericsson,
please let me know ;->

Thanks again

Dave M.