[erlang-questions] Fwd: [enhancement] string:split/2

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Fri Oct 10 08:57:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 07:00, Richard O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 10 Oct 2008, at 3:32 pm, Edwin Fine wrote:
>> I'd rather ensure that the function is implemented efficiently to
>> start off with, and not require HiPE to be used to get performance.
>
> Talking about "not requir[ing] HiPE" is like saying
> "I demand that your C compiler produce efficient code
> without optimisation."

A side issue: the above comparison is not really correct. Until HiPE
is available on all platforms and architectures supported by Erlang,
it is perfectly valid to not want to have it as a requirement for an
application.

best regards,
Vlad