[erlang-questions] write the ant simulation in Erlang?

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri Oct 10 01:54:23 CEST 2008

On 10 Oct 2008, at 10:47 am, Robert Virding wrote:
> A first approximation would be to have one process per ant and one
> for the world. The only problem would be handling atomic look-at-the-
> immediate-world-around-me-and-make-a-move.

Thinking idly about this last night, I wondered whether
the look at the world bit *should* be atomic.  Real ants
don't lock the real world, and while an ant is looking at
one square, something _could_ move into a square it can't
see.

I was wondering about dividing the world into patches.