[erlang-questions] erlang-questions Digest, Vol 17, Issue 45

John Haugeland stonecypher@REDACTED
Thu Oct 9 22:14:41 CEST 2008

Oh, I just wanted to point out that someone else agreed with you that a
round trip matched functional converse was important, and that it was
available to you.

Besides, there's a ton of fun stuff in that library.  If you install it,
you'll use it.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Edwin Fine
<erlang-questions_efine@REDACTED>wrote:

> 2008/10/9 John Haugeland <stonecypher@REDACTED>
>
>> > I agree that there should be an operation that is
>> > the converse of string:join/2.
>>
>> It's scutil:explode().  See http://scutil.com/ .    </shamelessPlug>
>>
> Maybe I'm just being a bit of an idealist here, but if there is an
> operation, string:join, I'd really, really, like its inverse operation also
> to be in the string module, namely, string:split. It's the symmetry.
> Especially since there's no earthly reason I can see that string:split
> should be (or have been) omitted.
>
> I suppose they could rid of string:join and we could all use scutil:explode
> (and I presume its inverse, scutil:implode?). But then that's another
> module/application I need which is not part of the standard release.

GuaranteedVPS.com - bandwidth commitments and root starting from $12.98/mo