[erlang-questions] Is erlang-questions setting Reply-To properly?

Jon Gretar Borgthorsson jongretar@REDACTED
Mon Jul 14 10:54:46 CEST 2008

I actually still prefer Reply-To being set.The "Reply to all method" is
flawed and in 99% of cases it forces extra work to do a simple thing.
The simple fact is on almost all mail clients(every single one I have tried)
this has the effect that you reply to the mail list and 99% that is exactly
what you want to happen.
Using "Reply to all" adds multiple addresses and I need to clear the senders
email address because otherwise he would get duplicate emails. Which I think
is just impolite plain and simple. After clearing the original senders email
then one has to move the only email address you really want(namely
erlang-questions@REDACTED) from CC to TO.

The effect is that in some cases it takes even longer to muddle around with
the email address field than writing the email itself.

The simple fact is that most people expect to write to the list when hiting
reply. It's what usually happens on most mailing lists.