[erlang-questions] improving the performance of regexp(regular expressions)

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Tue Jul 1 11:04:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

Even if I agree with the other answerers that the need to use regular
expressions is often an indication
that the algorithm can be improved and maybe changed to not use
regular expressions at all It is worth mentioning that
in the R12B-3 release there is a fast implementation of regular
expressions in the re module. The regular expressions are
built-in in the virtual machine and it is implemented in C. The API is
still to be considered as experimental but the functionality is
there and it is fast and ready to use.

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP team , Ericsson