[erlang-questions] improving the performance of regexp(regular expressions)

Darren New dnew@REDACTED
Sat Jul 5 02:18:46 CEST 2008

Kevin Scaldeferri wrote:
> I think you're misinterpreting regexes.  A regex _is_ code.

Fair enough, if you want to pick nits. :-)  I look at it as more of a
mathematical expression (or perhaps executable specification) than
actual code, since it isn't Turing complete.  (Of course, some of the
things people call "regular expressions" aren't, either, just to close
off that line of nits. ;-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: