[erlang-questions] : OTP Stack building problems

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Jan 24 23:14:21 CET 2008

Kip Macy skrev:
> "adaptation" was initially spelled wrong in the RFC. The linux stack
> continued to use the wrong spelling for some time after it was fixed
> in the BSD stack that most other operating systems use.
>
>  -Kip

To be fair, both spellings are correct, so the actual bug is of course
not being consistent about it. ;-)

"Adaptation" is the most common form. According to Webster, it dates
back to 1610. The synonym "adaption" appeared in 1704, but hasn't yet
achieved the same level of popularity. Given a few more centuries,
perhaps it will...

BR,
Ulf W