[erlang-questions] How to use Mnesia Database from C/C++/Java ?

Ludovic Coquelle lcoquelle@REDACTED
Tue Jan 22 06:28:46 CET 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 5:55 PM, Michael Gebetsroither <gebi@REDACTED> wrote:

> * Amritpal Singh <amritpal.singh@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> > Now, my problem is , i don't want to change the core of my application
> whic=
> > h is already encoded in 'C' , so need to access 'Mnesia DB' from 'C'.
> > As per my findings, there are no ODBC drivers available for Mnesia.
> > So, think need to have some kind of external interface to 'Erlang' like
> 'Er=
> > l_Interface' which i can use from 'C' program to interact with 'Mnesia
> DB'.
>
> If you have used sql before to store your temporary data, whats about
> sqlite? Just open an sqlite db with name ":memory:" and it creates an
> complete in-memory db easily accessible from your c program.

Indeed SQLite usage would be very close to MySQL.
Also BerkeleyDB storage (or memcacheddb) would be very close to mnesia (I
have no clue at all on BDB distribution capabilities).

Could someone explain where a C binding to Mnesia is really different? is it
in for distribution aspect?

thanks
ludo