[erlang-questions] Conversion of string into Ascii values ??

Hynek Vychodil vychodil.hynek@REDACTED
Thu Feb 28 13:51:35 CET 2008

> term_to_binary("abc").
<<131,107,0,3,97,98,99>>

131 is erlang binary tag.
107 is short list contain only chars (STRING_EXT)
0, 3 is length of list
97, 98, 99 is "abc"

I thnik you should take it in message from erlang node.

2008/2/28 J Bhanot <j.bhanot@REDACTED>:

> Hi,
>
> I am bit confused in C node for this......beacuse when i send "abc" from
> Erlang node to C.....
>
> I have used all this to check the type.......where buff is the message
> from Erlang node i.e. "abc"
>
>  k = ERL_IS_INTEGER(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " intType %d\n\r", k);
>
>         k = ERL_IS_UNSIGNED_INTEGER(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " uintType %d\n\r", k);
>
>         k = ERL_IS_FLOAT(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " fltType %d\n\r", k);
>         k = ERL_IS_ATOM(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " atomType %d\n\r", k);
>         k = ERL_IS_PID(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " pidType %d\n\r", k);
>         k = ERL_IS_PORT(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " portType %d\n\r", k);
>         k = ERL_IS_REF(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " refType %d\n\r", k);
>         k = ERL_IS_TUPLE(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " tupType %d\n\r", k);
>         k = ERL_IS_BINARY(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " binType %d\n\r", k);
>         k = ERL_IS_LIST(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " listType %d\n\r", k);
>         k = ERL_IS_EMPTY_LIST(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " elistType %d\n\r", k);
>         k = ERL_IS_CONS(buff);
>   fprintf(stderr, " consType %d\n\r", k);
>

> Now, it gives true for int type ..............and hence I have to use
> erl_mk_int.....which gives me values in Ascii in C node...
>
> Is there a way in which I get abc in C node instead of Ascii values..
>
> Thanks,
> jb

> and any attachments. Thank you

--Hynek (Pichi) Vychodil