[erlang-questions] : error compiling R12B-3

Tue Aug 12 10:49:35 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 07:43:27PM +0200, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 9:54 PM, mark <markkicks@REDACTED> wrote:
> >> http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2008-July/036380.html
> >> this fixed it !
> >> thanks
> >
> > Sorry for posting the same, just later.
> > Your message was received at Google Mail almost 8 minutes later than
> > at erlang.org :(. I hope this is not a common Google Mail free version issue
> > caused by mail queue prios but I remember reading something like that
> > a year or two ago on LKML.
>
> Just for the record so that I do not erroneously blame the wrong side, it
> might also be caused by the erlang.org side or both. I didn't want to
> post this but I could not let my probably wrong statement stay here
> eternally.

The mail transfer agent at erlang.org is often rather busy since every
post has to be delivered to a few thousand addresses, and often some
destination MTAs are down. So even for a no-problem destination
it might take a few hours to get the post out.

Pick some random posts, expand the headers, and watch the Received:
headers to see when the post is first received by
morgoth.cslab.ericsson.net and compare it to when it after that
is first received from morgoth.cslab.ericsson.net by the next MTA.
I normally get a 10..30 min delay.