[erlang-questions] Mnesia add_table_index behaviour

Tamas Nagy lestat@REDACTED
Mon Aug 11 21:16:48 CEST 2008

Hi all!

Working with mnesia I've encountered something strange. (At least I
think it is strange.)

I have fairly large table and at some point I figured out that the I
heavily depend on a field which is not the key of the table. I've
tried to add table index to that field. It works fine until I restart
the system, because then -  as far as I can tell - the index is
rebuilt. So after every restart I have to wait 20-50 minutes.

When I added index to tables when it was created no recalculating
occourred after restarts.

Is this an intended behaviour or a bug or I'm doing something wrong.
At least the documentation suggests that adding index to the tables
when it is created or with mnesia:add_table_index/2 later on do not
have different semantics.

Regards,
	Tamas