[erlang-questions] : : Broken ipv6 behavior?

Wed Apr 9 11:53:09 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 02:21:37AM -0700, Matthew Dempsky wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 2:04 AM, Raimo Niskanen
> <raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED> wrote:
> >  That it does not work on new Linuxes is a known issue.
> >  Linux took another path than Solaris and removed the
> >  IPv6 resolver functions inet_gethost_native uses.
> >  And that is something that has been on our todo
> >  list for a long time now. But since no paying customer
> >  needs it it remains a not high enough priority.
>
> Is there any technical argument for using getipnodebyname in favor of
> getaddrinfo?  Would a patch to inet_gethost to use the latter instead
> be accepted?

If I recall correctly we already got a patch for that,
but it broke some test cases. I think there were
problems with how to find alias names for the generated
hostent structs that was not supported with
getaddrinfo. So there were things to consider...

A new patch would be nice, or to get the old
again. Otherwise I would have to find the old
by myself.