[erlang-questions] : Broken ipv6 behavior?

Matthew Dempsky matthew@REDACTED
Wed Apr 9 11:21:37 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 2:04 AM, Raimo Niskanen
<raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED> wrote:
>  That it does not work on new Linuxes is a known issue.
>  Linux took another path than Solaris and removed the
>  IPv6 resolver functions inet_gethost_native uses.
>  And that is something that has been on our todo
>  list for a long time now. But since no paying customer
>  needs it it remains a not high enough priority.

Is there any technical argument for using getipnodebyname in favor of
getaddrinfo?  Would a patch to inet_gethost to use the latter instead
be accepted?

>  So what is the problem with your MacOS X installation is
>  what puzzels me.

Okay, I'll send a report tomorrow from OS X when I have a chance.