[erlang-questions] PostgreSQL driver

nindeu@REDACTED nindeu@REDACTED
Fri Nov 30 13:36:31 CET 2007

Hi,

I am quite confused. And if I search the different mailing lists on trapexit for postgres I get the feeling that I am not alone.

I investigated just a little bit, so let me try to summarize what I found so far. Maybe we can bring some light into what realistic options exist for postgres?

Please correct me and maybe add your own experiences!

I think we have the following options:

Erlang OTP ODBC:
    Might get incorporated into R12B-1

Christian's native driver in Jungerl:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Source:       http://jungerl.cvs.sourceforge.net/jungerl/jungerl/lib/pgsql/
Remarks:
  + Christian seems to updates it if you send him usefull patches.
  + Tsung uses it.

Process-one's native driver:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Source:       I guess: https://forge.process-one.net/browse/ejabberd-modules/pgsql
Remarks:
  + ejabberd might use it. But I think it's not included in the default installation. And according to http://www.ejabberd.im/node/537 it is recommended to use Christian's Jungerl version. That would mean that probably most people use the Jungerl version. Can anyone comment/confirm?
  + I think this is a branch of Christian's driver, not including his latest patches but others.

erlang-consulting's native driver:
Source:       http://www.erlang-consulting.com/aboutus/opensource.html
Remarks:
  + Seems to be used by http://erlyweb.org/. Possibly a modified version.

If you have first hand experiences, maybe you can elaborate a bit regarding stability, performance and features?

Regards,
Eric