[erlang-questions] how: notify a static child when a supervisor restarts

Jim McCoy jim.mccoy@REDACTED
Fri Nov 30 06:12:31 CET 2007

I have a supervisor with one static child and a variable number of
dynamic children that are added (by the static child) once the
supervisor starts running.  According to the docs, if the supervisor
restarts the dynamic children are toast.  Since the static child,
which is basically a manager for the dynamic child processes, has the
info it needs to re-inject the dynamic child specs I was not too
worried when I started coding things.  Where I am running into
problems is catching the supervisor restart.  Do I need to link the
static child to the super and trap its exits or am I missing
something?

Thanks,

jim