[erlang-questions] Quasiquotations or Lisp-style Erlang macros

Yariv Sadan yarivsadan@REDACTED
Fri Nov 23 08:41:08 CET 2007

I had actually started once working on a Lispy dialect of Erlang but
never got around to finishing it. It borrowed a couple of syntax
features from CL but stayed very close to Erlang. The way I dealt with
remote function calls is by just keeping the ':' syntax. So, to call a
function you would write

(file:open "foo.txt")

which would be transformed by the parser to

(remote-call foo open ($f $o $o $. $t $x $t))

I'm not sure if this is the best way of doing it, but seemed to work
well enough with the simple parser I created.

Yariv