[erlang-questions] idea: service pack one

YC yinso.chen@REDACTED
Wed Nov 14 02:28:18 CET 2007

Whether it's flash or ajax or other platforms, it simply lives outside of
erlang.  I think it makes sense for erlang to focus on its strength in
server development and interfaces, rather than trying to dictate a
particular UI solution of which it's not a part of, thus allows developers
to make their own decisions.  But certainly supporting the necessary
protocols will help with that regard :)

But if we are talking about tackling protocols, then IMO some other ones are
more important (for new comers such as myself) -

- better ODBI support (specifically prepared statements)
- official native database connectivity support for various databases -
including prepared statements as well
- official support for other inet protocols such as smtp, imap, etc.

And I'm also interested to see leex being included in official distribution
sometime in the future ;)

My 2 cents,
yc