[erlang-questions] idea: service pack one

Kip Macy kip.macy@REDACTED
Wed Nov 14 00:36:29 CET 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 2:34 PM, Yerl <yerl@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> >       repeat after me: client = flash in the browser, server = erlang.
> > Intermediate protocol = flash AMF
> >

> Cool slogan, but I prefer this one :
> Repeat after me : client = flash in the browser with OpenLaszlo*, server
> = erlang
> Intermediate protocol = UBF**
>
> * http://www.openlaszlo.org/
> ** http://www.sics.se/~joe/ubf/site/home.html

OpenLaszlo is very very cool, but a number of the video widgets simply
don't work as intended. Ideally you would support both, but if there
can be only one it should be Flex.

I agree with Joe that a flash derived GUI is the right way to go for
the front end. I'm currently using RoR for this, but would like to use
erlang if others do the trailblazing.

         -Kip