[erlang-questions] clarify: gen_udp Set outbound ip address

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Tue Nov 13 04:42:50 CET 2007

Though I haven't tried this with multicast packets, I suppose it would
work the same way as when a host has multiple interfaces and there's a
need for an inbound UDP packet to contain the ip address of the
interface it was received on.  This information is usually delivered as
ancillary data (IP_RECVDSTADDR sockopt), however Erlang's inet driver
doesn't support this feature.

Serge