[erlang-questions] some language changes

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Sat May 26 00:56:48 CEST 2007

Bengt Kleberg wrote:
> if i understand you correctly then epp does not use the io module
> internally but have opened in raw mode. correct?

Epp does use (or at least used to use when it was written) the io module
without any strangities. It uses the normal tokeniser straight out of
the bag. That's why things are still . terminated things even with epp,
and why you can't define a macro inside a function. (Like you can in "C").

> then it is a large (but trivial?) undertaking to change epp from
> file:read() to io:fread().
>

>> This has been discussed in an earlier thread, and
>> various workarounds have been presented. Mine was to
>> make a ram_file_io_server, which I thought was
>> trivially easy (after some study of the file IO
>> system).
>
> that is ok too. i have not done it, but it could be more fun than
> changing epp to use the io module.
This is definitely the cleanest solution, add a function which takes an
already open file. There is one problem though and that is when you use
-include. Breaks the style.

Robert